At Anishnawbe Mushkiki we support and empower our community to live holistic, healthy, harmonious lives. We are committed to treating our clients with respect, and providing them with the information and services they need. Our on-site Victim Services Worker provides services including:
- Confidential information and support for victims of crime, violence and tragic circumstances.
- One-on-one counselling and social work services with an emphasis on trauma-informed care.
- Support for families working with the Family Information Liaison Unit (FILU) including those in remote communities.
- Internal referrals to Anishnawbe Mushkiki’s Community Health Programs and interprofessional care team.
- Workshops for safety planning, self-care and healing.
- Referrals for additional counselling, Traditional healing programs, and other community resources.
- Assistance with victim compensation applications.
Contact us today to make an appointment with our Victim Services Worker.
Victim Support Line
Call the Victim Support Line, toll-free at 1-888-579-2888 to find information and referrals to services that help victims of crime in your community. The multilingual line provides services across Ontario, in most languages spoken in the province.
Additional services available in Thunder Bay for victims of crime and their family members include:
Thunder Bay and Area Victim Services
Ontario Native Women’s Association
Aboriginal Victim and Family Liaison Program
Phone: (807) 623-3442
Victim Witness Assistance Program
Phone: (807) 626-7120 or 1-888-394-6930
Sexual Abuse Centre Thunder Bay
Phone: (807) 345-0894
Nishnawbe Aski Nation
Victim Quick Response Program
Phone: (807) 625-4628
Nishnawbe Aski Legal Services Corporation
Phone: (807) 622-1413 or 1-800-465-5581
Victim Services Offered throughout the Province of Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General