What we offer:
- Primary Health Care in a non-judgmental and caring environment
- Providers that are trained and experienced
- Access to medication and hormonal therapy for transitioning including monitoring and filling out government forms
- Access and referrals to experienced mental health professionals that can support you through this journey
- Referrals for Gender-Affirming Surgery (GRS) including assistance with all related OHIP and specialist forms
- Referrals for mental health support as needed
- Ongoing care during hormonal therapy, prepping for surgery and care after surgery
Sexuality and Gender Equity (SAGE) Thunder Bay – Community support group to improve the health and well being of LGBTQ people for adults and teens
Thunder Pride Association – A safe, supportive and empowering community for 2SLGBTIAQ+
Lakehead University Pride Central – Pride Central is a lobbying, advocacy, peer support and referral service centre that provides a safe space for lesbian, gay,
bisexual, transgender, two-spirit and queer students and community members.
Gender Journeys – A free 8-week group that explores gender identity and roles and will provide reliable, up to date information on these topics.
The group is also designed to create a space to foster community support and connection. This group will respect the diversity of gender expressions.
The Other 10% – A safe space for LBGTTIQA+ 12 to 25 years old
LGBTQI2S+ Support Lines
Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youthline
- Call toll-free 1-800-268-9688 or
- SMS or texting to 1-647-694-4275
Trans Lifeline (for Canadian callers)
- Call toll-free 1-877-330-6366