Book online with your health care provider.
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
As a patient, you have the right to:
- Be told about your illness, diagnosis and treatment plan in a way that you understand.
- Ask questions, express concerns and get answers in a way that you understand.
- Make decisions about your care and treatment plan and change those decisions at any time, even if you signed consent forms (agreements).
- Accept or refuse treatment and have that decision respected.
- Refuse to participate in research opportunities if requested.
- Refuse the participation of a learner (health care or medical student) being present in your visit/appointment.
- Know which provider is assigned as your primary provider and know your healthcare team.
- Expect that members of your healthcare team will consult (talk) with each other about your treatment, so you can get good care.
- Be treated with respect and without discrimination or judgement.
- Have all your personal health information treated with confidentiality.
As a patient it is your responsibility to:
- Treat your healthcare providers with respect and without discrimination.
- Be open and honest about your medical history, symptoms and what you think about your illness.
- Participate in and be part of your care and treatment plan.
- Follow your agreed upon treatment plan to the best of your ability.
- Be on time for appointments and cancel appointments that you are unable to keep in advance.
- Ensure that you request prescription refills at each appointment and are not waiting for your prescription to run out.