Please come to your diabetes appointment with your concerns and questions related to diabetes care. Your appointment can be booked as in-person or virtual and is scheduled for one hour. Routine follow up appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes, Bring a list of medications to your appointment and a record of recent blood sugars and your glucose meter.
Your appointment will discuss:
- your goals of care
- your health history and recent changes
- your knowledge about diabetes
- your current medications
- if you have any side effects or skip any of your medication
- use of complimentary treatments or traditional medicine
- most recent diabetes bloodwork
- home glucose checks
- ways to keep or bring your levels into target ranges
- check ups for eye health, footcare, dental care
- safe driving recommendations
- what to do with your diabetes medications if you get sick
The Diabetes team will talk about your lifestyle behaviours including:
- eating patterns
- commercial tobacco use
- alcohol use to keep you healthy for life.
The Diabetes team will offer suggestions to increase or decrease medications and recommendations to reduce your risk of diabetes complications.